Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh Amsterdam...

One of the last destinations before heading back to London was Amsterdam, which is the capital city of Netherlands.



An outdoor picnic by one of the many canals the city


A snap shot of a beautiful building taken while water biking on historic canals of Amsterdam.



A clogs and cheese store we went to. The owner demonstrated handcrafting of a clog from a log of wood in less than 7 minutes!



After that, the clogs are painted and turned into these finished goods. At the end of the tour, we even got to indulge ourselves in over 20 different types of cheese made at the factory itself.


Windmill.. such a stereotypical Amsterdam thing :P


There is nothing more relaxing than a bike ride along the canals on a Sunday morning.. Cycling is a very common and most popular form of transportaiton in Netherlands. Perhaps this is why so many Deutch I ran into were all very fit...


A snapshot taken while I was on my bike. I probably shouldn't have been taking photos while on a bike because I'm a horrible biker as I am but I couldn't resist!


Netherlands has many many dams because the water level is so high that they need these to keep the water out.


On a cruise in Amsterdam on our way to a Chinese restaurant where I had dinner. It was the first time in the entire duration of the trip that I got to eat asian cuisine although it wasn't quite like the Korean food my mom makes me at home :P


Red light district was not as intimidating as I saw on TV mainly because we were there in a group of 50 people including the tour guide.. It was definitely different environment from what I'm exposed to back home but I have to say the liveliness of night life in Amsterdam was worth experiencing.

A giant clog!



Other spots that you should definitely visit while in Amsterdam include the Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum, and the Heineiken museum for beer fans out there.

The ultimate hotspot of liveliness, youth and freedom. If you like the combination of cosmopolitan entertainment distrcit and the rural outdoor activities, Amsterdam is the place to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment